Houbara Defence and Security (“Houbara” or “We” or “Us”) are committed to safeguarding all personal information we collect from individuals in the course of our business.
We have developed this Policy to describe how we handle personal information collected from persons who use the Houbara website (www.houbara.me). The Policy also applies to persons who, following an invitation from Houbara in the course of any marketing and/or event communication processes, such as in–person, email, telephone, text messaging direct mail and online, provide personal information to Houbara.
As a company based in the United Arab Emirates, Houbara adheres to cyber security directives from the UAE Government in accordance with the National Cyber Security Strategy and laws such as Federal Law No. 5 Combatting Cybercrimes (2012) and its amendment by the Federal Law No. 12 (2016). You can read more here.
Information We Collect
When you visit the Houbara website we collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Personal details which you provide online, for example, when you enter personal details (e.g name, email & phone number) on the website “Contact Us” page.
- Information you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, text messaging, direct mail, online or otherwise. It also includes information you provide us through electronic or hard copy business cards, for instance, when you fill out: contact forms; content download requests; event registration forms; information request forms and/or when you report a problem with our site.
- In some circumstances we may also collect personal information about you from third parties, such as your employer, or professional organisations to which you belong, or personal information that you have placed in the public domain, such as from Facebook or LinkedIn.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical data, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream, through and from our site; products and/or services you viewed or searched for and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
Use of the Information You Give Us
Contact and communication: We may use your contact information and preferences to send you newsletters that we may circulate from time to time, news about any events we are organising or participating in, information about us, the products and/or services that we provide, and/or to respond to any user enquiries.
Provision of services: If specific personal information is necessary to supply a particular service (e.g. an e-mail address for electronic news updates) then this service is only available to those users who provide this information. It does affect a user’s ability to use other parts of the site.
Although we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, including (without limitation) in order to comply with applicable UAE local laws or judicial proceedings, court orders or any other legal processes.
Storing and Sharing Information
Houbara may from time to time share your personal information with our parent company, QinetiQ Group Limited, based in the United Kingdom. As such personal information may be stored and processed outside of the United Arab Emirates. QinetiQ Group Limited stores personal information in accordance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) Law.
Houbara may be required to use and retain information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention or fraud. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law;
- to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and government authorities;
- to enforce a contract; or
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property or those of other persons
We have physical, electronic and administrative security processes in place in our facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, or alteration of information.
Despite this, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We do not accept liability for any interception of your personal information that may occur.
Houbara does not knowingly collect any personal or identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child has provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us (see below) immediately and we will promptly remove this information from our records.
If you wish to correct and/or update information or you no longer require our service, you can notify us of this change by contacting us (see below).
If you want to contact us with any questions, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer,
Houbara Defence and Security,
P.O. Box: 128220
Al Wahda Commercial Tower,
United Arab Emirates
Emails and other electronic communication with us and of our parent companies may be monitored.